Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's the Little Things...

Pin It Now!
As I sit here and reflect on my week I look back on the vast spectrum of emotions I have felt:

Energetic
Complacent
Reflective
Proud
Blessed
Exhausted
Betrayed
Ecstatic
Self-Pity

(I could go on....but I think you get the gist)

I realize one thing...how great God is. No matter which emotion I am experiencing, I am usually able to find that reasonable place in my brain to tell myself that God is taking care of me. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, Brenna...because God cares about YOU.

So what if I tend to get left out of things (either intentionally or unintentionally) or if my birthday seems to always be the one amongst friends and co-workers that gets overlooked, or if that lady in the red Subaru decided to pull out right in front of me and go 5 miles per hour, when I'm already late for work. What does it matter?  In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't.  What matters is how blessed I am.  I have a loving, God-fearing husband, an amazing little boy, expecting amazing little boy #2, great family, and handful of faithful friends, a roof over my head, food in my belly, a vehicle that gets me from point A to point B and most important of all....a God who loves me very much.

                                      ( I just wanted to post a pic of a few of my blessings)
 
The things and people that hurt me don't matter...they don't need to.  I don't need to point out to them how they hurt or offended me.  I don't need to hold a grudge.  I just have to remember to pray for those people and learn to forgive them. 

Yesterday morning I experienced something pretty cool.  I was on my way to work and had a sudden pregnant lady craving of a cajun filet biscuit from Bojangles.  I don't know what it is, but those things are freakin' amazing.  As I pulled up to the window, the cashier said to me, "Your total WAS $3.19, but the gentleman in front of you just paid for your food."  What?!  I don't know what the look on my face was, but I can only imagine it was one of complete surprise.  I do not know who he was...just a guy in a grey Ford truck.  But for me, at that moment, it was a huge blessing. 

I never want to forget how blessed I felt at that very moment.  I thanked God for showing Himself to me that morning.  He showed me that no matter what, He is taking care of me.  Even through a little thing like someone picking up my tab for my chicken biscuit.  But I think that's important... to be thankful for the little things in life.  Because you never know how God will use that "little thing" to make a HUGE impact on your life.

So today...I'm going to let go of the hurt, and remember how blessed I am and thank God for everything in my life. Because let's face it, it's impossible to stay in a bad mood when you are being thankful...even for the little things.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."






1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!!! I loved reading this blog. I hope that someone reads this and sees that it's the little things in life that matter. (I needed this myself too)
    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete