Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stepping Out...

Pin It Now!

So as I sat at my desk this morning, taking a quick second to balance my checkbook (just like my dad taught me, 15 years ago) I had a slight moment of panic. The numbers start getting smaller, the more I take out! *sigh* Welcome to reality, Brenna.

Then I had another "panic" moment...a moment I can only describe as a "not trusting in God" moment. The thought, "When I stay home from work after this baby gets here, how in the world will we ever pay our mortgage?" came into me head. I have been praying about this every day and have felt peace over the decision to stay home...until this morning, while looking at our finances. I immediately opened my Bible to seek God's guidance and wisdom on this matter. Why do I always seem surprised when I find just what I need? I shouldn't be...it's how He works.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Ok, I can breathe a little easier now. God himself said He has great plans for MY life. Now who wouldn't feel even the tiniest bit of hope from that? But it gets better...there is scripture throughout the Bible that talks about God's love for us, how He will take care of us and ALL of our needs, according to His will.

Matthew 6:26-27  "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"  Yup, that's in red because those are the spoken words of Jesus. Ok...I can feel my worry slowly slipping away now.

And the hits just keep on coming! Check out Psalm 37:25, Deuteronomy 28:2-8, Deuteronomy 28:11-13, Luke 6:38, Malachi 3:10-12, or Matthew 3:31-33...the list is endless.

I am learning...each and every day, that I have to give it all to God. It's not something you can learn over night. At least not for me. It's a daily struggle. So here I am. Stepping out in complete faith. Trusting that God will keep His promises to take care of us, and allowing Him to work in my life to give him all the honor, and glory and praise.

The last little bit of advice I can give you today? No matter what your life struggle is...check out this book:



And just for fun I'll share with you all my absolute, all-time, go-to, favorite verse. I feel like it covers pretty much every basis...

Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer."





No comments:

Post a Comment